Purpose & Rationale Radio Station ManagementThe purpose of this qualification is for learners to be able to manage the sourcing, selection and maintenance of a radio station’s output. The National Certificate in Radio Station Management (NQF Level 5) qualification is generic across commercial, public and community service fields. The qualification will create larger pool of competent station managers to meet the growing need for competence. Apart from the competencies gained, other advantages of the qualification to learners include recognition, mobility, standardization, and broad competency base across areas (some of which are generic).
- Certificate : National Certificate: Radio Station Management
- SAQA Qualification ID : SAQA QUALIFICATION ID: 49122
- Minimum Credits : 157
- NQF Level : 5
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front-Office Assessment. The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 12 and Communication at Level 4. Recognition of Prior Learning will be applicable in certain circumstances. This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- Computer literacy (word processing and spreadsheets end use) at NQF Level 3
- Project management at NQF Level 4
- Achieving audience strategy objectives in radio at NQF Level 5
- Research analysis and implementation at NQF Level 4
- Writing business reports at NQF Level 4
- Time management at NQF Level 4