The purpose of this Qualification is for learners to be able to produce radio programmes. The National Certificate in Radio Production at NQF Level 5 is generic across commercial, public and community service fields. The community impact of this Qualification includes the presentation of job opportunities to which all-cultural groups have access, through community radio broadcasting. The Qualification is also wide ranging, cutting across a broad spectrum of the economy. The Qualification was designed to accommodate radio programmes relevant to all audiences. The Qualification aims at enabling learners to be employable in all three sectors (public, commercial and community). Production, packaging, journalistic, content development are competencies required across all three tiers of broadcasting and the qualification will allow the competent learners to be employable in all sectors of radio not just community radio. The Qualification will enable the learners to make value judgments; packaging calls for putting elements together in a unique and creative manner, producing calls for a process of research, conceiving ideas and actualizing those ideas. This Qualification requires learners not just to make products but also to be able to develop content for radio broadcasts.
- Certificate : National Certificate: Radio Production
- SAQA Qualification ID : SAQA QUALIFICATION ID: 62069
- Minimum Credits : 159
- NQF Level : 5
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front-Office Assessment. The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 12 and Communication and Numerical Skills at Level 4.
The following learning is assumed to be in place before embarking on this Qualification:
- Language and communication competence at NQF Level 4.
- Mathematical literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Computer literacy at NQF Level 1.
- Record sound from a single source (e.g. radio, tape recorder).
Recognition of Prior Learning will be applicable in certain circumstances. This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A GRADE 12 QUALIFICATION OR EQUIVALENT
- Certified Copy of your ID
- Certified Copy of your guardian / next of keen ID
- Certified copy of Grade 12 Certificate
- Certified Copies of relevant Qualifications.
- 2 Passport Photographs
If you are a minor, or if someone else is responsible for your fees, then that person should accompany you at the time of registration to fill in legal documentation
The qualification provides the following articulation opportunities:
- ID 15802: Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies, NQF Level 6.Horizontal articulation:
- ID 59385: National Diploma, Media Practices, NQF Level 5.
– Operate within relevant legislative frameworks.
– Research content for radio broadcasts.
– Write scripts for radio broadcasts.Range: Scripts exclude drama scripts, but would include copy, advertisements, introductions to inserts, full scripts, and/or magazine programmes.
– Build resource networks relevant for radio productions.
– Generate and pitch ideas for programmes and items for transmission.
– Work in teams in the radio context.Range: Teams may include those in the community, or shareholders.
– Operate a variety of studio and field recording and production audio equipment.
– Produce live and studio programs and items for transmission.
– Edit and mix features, programs and items to meet broadcasting requirements.
– Present radio programs/items that meet specified requirements.
– Interview guests/panels/content providers in broadcasting context.Range: Guests include individuals, groups or panels.