The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of computer support.
This Qualification has been formulated such that it reflects the workplace-based needs of the Information Technology Industry as expressed by its stakeholders. The input has been used to ensure that the qualification provides the learner with accessibility to be employed within the IT Industry.
- Certificate : Provider Skills Programme
- Minimum Credits : 54
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front-Office Assessment. The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 11 and a Computer Literacy Certificate or must have completed the relevant Level 3 programme. Recognition of Prior Learning will be applicable in certain circumstances.This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A GRADE 11 QUALIFICATION OR EQUIVALENT
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your guardian / next of keen ID
- Certified copy of Grade 11 Certificate
- Copy of Computer Literacy Certificate
- 2 Passport Photographs
If your a minor, or if someone else is responsible for your fees, then that person should accompany you at the time of registration to fill in legal documentation.
Upgrade opportunities into the Level 4 and 5 programmes are available provided that the entry level requirements are met.
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computer
- Provide Learners with an entry level for further study in Information Technology and related fields, as well as for initial employment in the Computer Industry.
- Provide a Foundational qualification for people who are pursuing a career in the computer industry, or related fields
- People with this qualification have an introductory level of understanding about computer hardware and software concepts