The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of computer support.
A Qualifying learner at this level will have a good fundamental knowledge of the hardware and software components of a Computer.
- Certificate : Provider Skills Programme
- Minimum Credits : 16
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front-Office Assessment. The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 11 and a Computer Literacy Certificate or must have completed the relevant Level 3 programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning will be applicable in certain circumstances.This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A GRADE 11 QUALIFICATION OR EQUIVALENT
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your guardian / next of keen ID
- Certified copy of Grade 11 Certificate
- Copy of Computer Literacy Certificate
- 2 Passport Photographs
If your a minor, or if someone else is responsible for your fees, then that person should accompany you at the time of registration to fill in legal documentation.
Upgrade opportunities into the Level 4 and 5 programmes are available provided that the entry level requirements are met.
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computer
- Provide a Foundational qualification for people who are pursuing a career in the computer industry, or related fields
- People with this qualification have an introductory level of understanding about computer hardware and software concepts