The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of computer networking.To develop learners with the requisite competencies against the skills profile for the Network Technician career path.
A Qualifying learner at this level will be able to work within the IT networking industry. This is a Specialisation Field
The Qualification is designed to:
- provide qualified learners with an undergraduate entry into the field of basic networking support
- prepare qualified learners for initial employment in the computer industry.
- Certificate : Provider Skills Programme
- Minimum Credits : 10
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front-Office Assessment. The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 12 with Extensive knowledge within the PC Technician sector or must have completed the relevant level 4 programme and a Computer Literacy Certificate or must have completed the relevant Level 3 programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning will be applicable in certain circumstances.This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A GRADE 11 QUALIFICATION OR EQUIVALENT
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your guardian / next of keen ID
- Certified copy of Grade 12 Certificate
- Copy of Computer Literacy Certificate
- Certified copy of PC Technician Certificate
- 2 Passport Photographs
If your a minor, or if someone else is responsible for your fees, then that person should accompany you at the time of registration to fill in legal documentation
Upgrade opportunities into the Level 4 programmes are available provided that the entry level requirements are met.
- Ability to use logical methodology to troubleshoot the common types of networking problems typically encountered in the day-to-day operations of an organisation
- Ability to ensure secure information systems that will serve to protect the business from data loss and breaches of integrity.
- Ability to operate effectively within a change, release and configuration process
- Ability to install, support and maintain end-user applications