The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology, specifically into the of Systems Support, covering basic knowledge needed for further study in the field of Systems Support at Higher Education Levels. A Qualifying learner at this level will be a well-rounded entry-level Systems Support professional with a good fundamental knowledge of the Information Technology Field, coupled with interpersonal and business skills, allowing for specialization in one of the following Systems Support fields:
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computers and Office Products
- Data Communications and Networking
- Certificate : Further Education and Training certificate
- SAQA Qualification ID : 78964
- Minimum Credits : 163
- NQF Level : 4
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front-Office Assessment. The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 12 and Communication and Numerical Skills at Level 4
Recognition of Prior Learning will be applicable in certain circumstances. This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A GRADE 12 QUALIFICATION OR EQUIVALENT
- Certified Copy of your ID
- Certified Copy of your guardian / next of keen ID
- Certified copy of Grade 12 Certificate
- 2 Passport Photographs
If your a minor, or if someone else is responsible for your fees, then that person should accompany you at the time of registration to fill in legal documentation
Upgrade opportunities into the Level 5 programmes are available provided that the entry level requirements are met.
- Provide Learners with an entry level for further study in Information Technology and related fields, as well as for initial employment in the computer industry.
- Provide a foundational qualification for people who are pursuing a career in the computer industry, or related fields. People with this qualification have an introductory level of understanding about computer industry concepts and/or are able to work in areas of Information Technology with little technical complexity.