The purpose of this qualification is to develop learners with requisite competencies against the skill profile of the System Support career path. A qualifying learner at this level will be a well rounded IT professional building on foundational technical skills acquired at NQF level 4, via the National Certificate in IT Technical Support or equivalent. This qualification is expanding the specialisation started at NQF level 4 into the core field of networking and support, with further specialisations into IT support fields or in any other related vertical or enabled markets.
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computers and Office Products
- Data Communications and Networking
- Certificate : National Certificate
- SAQA Qualification ID : 48573
- Minimum Credits : 147
- NQF Level : 5
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front-Office Assessment. The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 12 and English and Mathematical skills at Level , and a computer literacy Certificate or must have completed the relevant Level 3 programme
YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A GRADE 12 QUALIFICATION OR EQUIVALENT
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your guardian / next of keen ID
- Certified copy of Grade 12 Certificate
- Certified copy of Computer Literacy Certificate
- Certified copy of PC Technician Certificate
- 2 Passport Photographs
If your a minor, or if someone else is responsible for your fees, then that person should accompany you at the time of registration to fill in legal documentation
Upgrade opportunities into the Level 5 programmes are available provided that the entry level requirements are met.
- Provide qualified learners with an undergraduate entry into the field of networking/systems support, earning credits towards tertiary offerings in the fields of Computers Studies or Computer Science
- Prepare qualified learners for initial employment in the Computer industry.