The purpose of this qualification is to enhance readiness and provide entry into the areas of Systems Development at NQF level 5. It prepares learners for entry into the workplace or as undergraduate study in the Systems Development areas covered, providing them with the necessary knowledge needed for further study in the fields of Information Technology and Computer Sciences at Higher Education level.
A qualifying learner will be able to communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information technology, understanding the role of technology in a business context and to be able to address business problems with appropriate information technology solutions.
- Certificate : National Certificate: IT Systems Development
- SAQA Qualification ID : 48872
- Minimum Credits : 131
- NQF Level : 5
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front-Office Assessment. The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 12 and Communication and Numerical Skills at Level 4
Recognition of Prior Learning will be applicable in certain circumstances. This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A GRADE 12 QUALIFICATION OR EQUIVALENT
You will also be required to bring the following documentation with you at point of registration:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your guardian / next of keen ID
- Certified copy of Grade 12 Certificate
- 2 Passport Photographs
If your a minor, or if someone else is responsible for your fees, then that person should accompany you at the time of registration to fill in legal documentation.
Upon successful completion of the qualification, the qualifying learner will have a thorough understanding of the role of an IT Systems Development person and be able to competently carry out the exit level outcomes of the qualification, in a business environment. The qualification may be acquired in the traditional way of formal study as well as in the workplace, through learnerships, or by a method of RPL.
A qualifying learner at this level will be a well-rounded IT professional building on foundational technical skills acquired at NQF level 4, via the National Certificate in IT Systems Development or equivalent. This qualification covers various specialisation(s) into IT Systems Development or to any other related vertical or enabled markets.
A learner will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information systems
- Understand the role of technology in the business context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a systems development environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of Systems Development, with all its implications
- Relate business problems and information technology solutions
- Apply the principles of creating computer software