The purpose of the NQF level 2 New Venture Creation qualification is to provide a qualification that can form the basis for structured programmes for potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalize on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses that form part of the mainstream economy, enabling the learners to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors. This qualification is designed for learners who intend to set up or have already set up own ventures. Assessment of the competencies and knowledge in the qualification needs to be done in the context of the learner’s own new venture.
- Certificate : National Certificate: New Venture Creation (SMME)
- SAQA Qualification ID : 49648
- Minimum Credits : 138
- NQF Level : 2
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front-Office Assessment.
The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 11 and Communication and Numerical Skills at Level 1.
Recognition of Prior Learning will be applicable in certain circumstances. This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- Certified Copy of your ID
- Certified Copy of your guardian / next of keen ID
- Certified copy of Grade 11 results
- 2 Passport Photographs
If you are a minor, or if someone else is responsible for your fees, then that person should accompany you at the time of registration to fill in legal documentation
This Qualification articulates horizontally with the following Qualifications:
- The National Certificate in Business Administration Services: Level 2
- The National Certificate in Call Centre Support: Level 2Vertical articulation is possible with the following Qualifications:
- The National Certificate in Business Administration Services: Level 3
- The National Certificate in Management: Level 3
– Use basic Mathematics in order to fulfill new venture functions effectively.
– Apply basic Communication skills in new venture creation context.
– Determine market requirements and manage the relevant marketing and selling processes.
– Demonstrate an understanding of the sector/industry in which the business operates.
– Determine financial requirements and manage financial resources of a new venture.
– Manage business operations.