The purpose of this qualification is to provide the learner with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience to become a Bookkeeper. This will aid individual development and enhance the employment prospects of the learner, as well as social transformation through the formal acknowledgement of competencies, skills and knowledge.
Equip the learner with a Qualification that can be used as an introduction to the field of Accounting. Successful completion of this qualification will give the learner the knowledge and skills required not only to perform his/her Accounting job efficiently, but also to proceed on a path of life-long learning with Qualifications at a higher level.
Provide employers and others with an adequate basis for assuring that those learners gaining the Qualification are competent to act as Bookkeepers, providing accounting support and recording the day-today financial transactions of the business for companies and other organisations.
- Certificate : Office Administration issued by ICB / QCTO
- SAQA Qualification ID : 58375
- Minimum Credits : 120
- NQF Level : 3
To enter this program you must successfully complete the Front Office Assessment successfully. The minimum qualification requirement is Grade 10 (Std 8) or equivalent and you must be at least 16 years of age. No prior accounting knowledge is needed for this qualification.
Recognition of Prior learning will be applicable in certain circumstances. This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
YOU MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT A GRADE 10 QUALIFICATION OR EQUIVALENT.
- Certified Copy of your ID
- Certified Copy of your guardian / next of keen ID
- Certified Copy of Grade 10 Certificate
- 2 Passport Photographs
If you are a minor, or if someone else is responsible for your fees, then that person should accompany you at the time of registration to fill in legal documentation
- Complete monthly bookkeeping to trial balance.
- Reconcile supplier statements, inventory systems and bank statements.
- Calculate PAYE / SDL / UIF remuneration.
- Monthly EMP201 returns and EMP deductions.
- Annual EMP501, IRP5, IRP6 and IT3a documents and VAT 201 returns.